Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cafe Rio Pork Burritos

I have seen a lot of copy cat recipes for this. They all are pretty similar in ingredients, maybe just varying a little. I got this from my sister....she has a very picky family, so I know its bound to be good if they eat it. :)

5-6 lb pork roast
1 (12oz) bottle of green taco sauce
1 tbls cumin
1 cup brown sugar
1 can Dr Pepper (I've heard that coke is just as good)

Place roast in crockpot (don't forget the liners) and add water to cover half way up roast. Cook on low 12 hours or over night. Drain most of liquid, but not all. In a mixing bowl combine, taco sauce, cumin and brown sugar. Stir to dissolve brown sugar. Add Dr. Pepper. Pour over roast. Continue cooking 6 more hours. 2 hours before serving shred pork. It's ready for however you want to serve it.

No comments: